Monday, September 20, 2010

If You Want Breakfast in Bed...Sleep in the Kitchen

Whether he knows it or not, my husband is my inspiration and motivation in the kitchen. Before I met him, I found little joy in cooking for myself alone. My satisfaction at my own successes was the size of a crumb without someone to share it with.
Now I love being in the kitchen. Since I have been married, I feel, through him, I have come  such along way. I have come so far as to even venture from my warm covers now and then on a rainy weekend to make him breaky in bed!  It's the only way to start a good weekend!
Recently for a lazy, late Saturday breakfast, I threw the idea of a healthy meal out the window and made pancakes for a treat. You can add your choice of topping, as this recipe is great for both sweet and savory taste buds. Scrumptious and ever so easy!



PANCAKES WITH MAPLE SYRUP, ICE-CREAM AND STRAWBERRIES

1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1 cup milk
1 egg


Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined and form a batter.
Heat a little oil or butter in a large fry-pan over a medium heat.
Ladle some of the mixture onto the frypan and cook. When bubbles rise and burst on the top of the batter, its time to turn the pancake to cook on the other side, until light and golden.
Serve with your choice of topping. 

Bon Appitite!





1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your
    blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your
    rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
    My website: codes

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, Sugar...