Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocoholics Anonymous

Yes...I'm sure there's one somewhere around. Chocoholics Anonymous. And I fear that my husband is going to check me in, and there will be many long hours of holding sticky hands and praying that I may overcome my weakness and my greed. People will look at my baby belly and feel sorry for me, not for a moment presuming there is anything but chocolate in that huge swell. Doomed or not, I intend to continue my addiction, therapy group be warned. It has been one of my greatest craves this pregnancy. Yes, I have shamefully already started on the Easter supply *blushes*.
I promised not to add any chocolaty recipes on this blog until Easter was well over and everyone had recovered from the masses of Easter eggs and bunnies, and bilbies and what ever the heck they create out of chocolate these days.
I couldn't resist, knowing that some people don't fancy giving eggs and such at Easter, and I admit, sometimes a box of chocolates is a nice gift for the over 20's (being so over the hill)
I had these photos taken a few months ago at my sister-in-law-to-be's kitchen tea and was awaiting an opportunity to spring them out into the open. They were so fun to decorate, and really, the sky is the limit when it comes to fillings and covers. For this lot, I made them all rum balls because I was running out of time, but feel free to create your own sticky chocolates out of any type of crushed biscuit, condensed milk and whatever takes your fancy. Experimenting is fun!


DISGUISED RUM BALL CHOCOLATES

7oz Milk Arrowroot Biscuits
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup coconut
400g can sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp. rum
Chocolate to cover
Decorations

Crush biscuits with a rolling pin until they resemble fine crumbs. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, mixing well until combined. Shape mixture into walnut-sized balls. Place in refrigerator until firm.When ready, melt desired type of chocolate and coat the rum balls, leaving them on greaseproof paper to cool and set.



Decorate as desired, and box.

Makes 30.

NOTES: imagine Timtam biscuits instead of Arrowroots, centres made of nuts or dried fruit, mints or soft centred goo? I dare you!

6 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad Lou, Ursula made rum balls on Sunday and I they have practically gone already... I couldn't resist either, and I'm not pregnant (sleep deprivation is my excuse!).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe motherhood deserves all the chocolate available:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can testify to how delicious they were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LADY D'ARBANVILLE... now I KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm, i dont quite understand that last comment, what do you mean?

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, Sugar...